Who is 0 To 21 NON PROFIT?
The Washington State organization, 0 TO 21 NON PROFIT, was founded in 2013 to prevent children from using marijuana. 0 to 21 NON PROFIT has but one purpose and that is to campaign, promote and provide,” effective” culturally competent methods and strategies that support families to empower their children, to- be- “cause- in- the- matter” of their own prevention and protection while growing up in a environment that campaigns, promote and provide legalized marijuana product for recreational use.
0 To 21 NON PROFIT evolved from a twenty year relationship of volunteer behavioral health, human services, education, and computer art and science professionals, working to empower children who were under- privileged, undeserved and engaged in the high risk activities of crime, corrections and illegal substance abuse. These children had numerous critical issues, which were not being addressed in “traditional” behavioral health, human services, and social service agencies. These children were not being successful in meeting age appropriate milestones. This was compounded by their not refraining from abusing marijuana. Disproportionately, children of color, then as well as now, are not refraining from the use of marijuana, even when they are under court order requirements to do so, (refrain from the use of marijuana while under court supervision). This will only worsen due to their living in our State environment that campaigns, promote and provide marijuana and marijuana –tobacco products for recreational use.
Certified Strengthening Families Program Facilitator
Mental Health Therapist MA,MHP,CMHS,DMHS,EMMHS,CDP,LMHCA
In today's world the effects of the information age cannot be ignored. In 2015, the Pew Research center reported that 73 percent of Teens Have Access to a Smartphone. They reported that only 15 percent have a Basic Phone. When broken down by ethnicity, 84 percent of all African American teens have access to a smartphone, (This is a higher percentage of usage when compared to thier white counterparts). Another source AT&T is reporting that 56 percent of children, age 8 to 12, have a cellphone and are connected to the internet.
With this in mind, 0 to 21 PLLC has created for use by 0 to 21 Nonprofit IT application-tools to support Strengthening Families Program activities. Utilizing our online tools, Strengthening Families Program facilitators can enhance the efficacy of the facilitation and learning process for family participants to;
- Prevent their children from using marijuana, tobacco, and other drugs
- Enhance and support their children learning in school
- Foster closer relationships between children,their parents or guardians
To View examples of tools or get further information click on title links
Adult Session One
- Pre / post test based on Washington State Health test. Have parents take this test before you begin session one.
Youth Session One
Treasure Map Activity using Pic Collage (Youth session 1 Activity 1.2)
- Using a smart phone or tablet with the recommended Pic Collage mobile application youth can build their Treasure Maps as outlined in Youth session 1 Activity 1.2
Youth Session Two
Gifts Activity using Pic Collage (Youth session 2 Activity 2.3 )
- Using a smart phone or tablet with the recommended Pic Collage mobile application youth can build their Gift collage as outlined in Youth session 2 Activity 2.3
Family Session Two
Family Tree using Pic Collage (Family session two Activity 2.1)
- Using a smart phone or tablet with the recommended Pic Collage mobile application families can work together to build their Family Tree. Note: Families can take a family picture using Pic Collage and add it directly into their project.
Youth Session Three
Animated Effigy 3.2 Stress (Youth session Three Activities: 3.1 – 3.2)
- Use this PowerPoint in conjunction with a projector to assist in the facilitation of Youth session Three Activities: 3.1 – 3.2
Family Session Four
Family Values Shield using Pic Collage (Family session four Activity 4.3)
- Using a smart phone or tablet with the recommended Pic Collage mobile application families can work together to build their Family values shield
Youth Session Five
- Use this PowerPoint in conjunction with a projector to assist in the facilitation of Youth session Five Activity: 5.1
- Use this tool with a projector to assist in the facilitation of Youth Session Five: Activity 5.3 – 5.6
- Online Quiz
Video Quiz Game for Youth
- Allows youth to create Marijuana Prevention Messages this online application is designed to work with smartphones
Youth Session Six
- Use this tool with a projector to assist in the facilitation of Youth Session Six: Activity 6.2 – 6.3